Today I am starting my very own 8 week challenge to kick start my fight against winter weight gain. So.... who's with me?
The first thing you need to do is write down some goals (yes get out a pen and paper and write them down. You need to see them visibly every day to keep you on track. Stick them up on your fridge along with a photo of yourself when you have felt the best about yourself - it helps to have a visual to look at every day of what you want to achieve.)
My major goal is:
To reduce centimetres around my waist, thighs and butt and prevent the dreaded winter weight gain that seems to have been a trend for me in the past
What will your goal(s) be? Post these below. Remember goals need to be SMART - Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely.
The next step is to come up with some strategies as to how you are going to achieve your goals.
My strategies are:
1. To keep a food and exercise diary (writing down what you eat helps you to not only realise how much you are eating over the day, will stop you from making poor decisions as you have to write it down, and will help you to identify patterns in your diet, and any particular times of the day or week when you are likely to be at your weakeast, and the triggers behind this).
2. To go to the gym (or exercise) at least 5 days per week
3. To eat a healthy, low GI, higher protein diet and to eat vegetables at lunch and dinner
4. To keep treats to once a week
5. To measure my success by measuring myself weekly and tracking any loss in centimeters
Finally I'm announcing this to you so that I have someone to answer to. Make sure you have a support network in place to help keep you motivated. It could be your husband, your wife, your boyfriend or your personal trainer.
Last by not least, wish me luck!! I hope you will also share with me your goals and strategies. Let's get fit together!